Here is how I set up the custom pids for my use there is countless ways and graphs and dials etc. etc. to set up if you want but these are the important numbers to me

hopefully they all work the way they are supposed to when I am done but this is while I am charging ....


so you don't get too excited these are a new LiMn204 modules that are full at 4.2V so don't think these are calb and I am over charging them ...  I charge these to 4.1V for my personal use ........ these are 64 amps at 4.2V and approx.  55 amps at 4.1V

The Torque program is for seeing while driving and clearing codes it does not program the Orion BMS ...

you still need to use a computer hooked up direct with the db9 serial port to change the settings... this is Orions screen for doing that ... you can see all 90 cells and it is equalizing the pack in this picture ...  it is trying to lower the highest cells to give the lower ones more time to absorb their charge and bring them up to a even pack ...


all of the instructions on both the Orion and the Torque systems are thankfully on the WEB .... 


Orion has a great help line .................

Here is the unit hooked up and wire tied down and ready to use ......

Here is the pack finished and complete full for my settings ....

I set this one to charge to 4.1V it is actually at 4.08V

per cell ...  looks good ...   this has 90 cells in it .....

I downloaded the Torque App from google play currently $4.95 well worth the money ........... great App

This is the unit I decided on because it uses a db9 serial connector for its connection which the Orion also uses and gives instructions on wiring it so it can be used for either a Bluetooth device like this and the android system torque program or using a windows computer for the programming part of the Orion .............. so we get the best of both worlds without having rewire anything once it is wired up ...  I ran the cable for the orion up under the hood for the 2 wire can connection ......

lots of other ways to do it I just chose to do it this way since I was already done with the pack and did not want to drop the pack just to make it wireless ..............

anyway here it is 9 wires we are only going to use 5 of the wires ........ they sent the cable with the unit I just

cut off the OBD2 connector because it seems redundant to use it and have more connectors in the system .....

I am adding a Wireless unit for the Orion install in my truck ...  it is a Can Bluetooth wireless unit ...................

I am using the torque application since I like using my phone (which is android) for displaying the info that I want to be able to see while I am driving the vehicle ....

the DB9 serial connector wiring is pretty simple ...

this is a female DB9   1 through 9


I put wires #1 and 2 together Those are -12VDC so you can ground them to the chassis or since I have the AVC2 unit installed it has plus 12VDC and -12VDC

so I just wired them in to it ......

anyway I put pins #1 and #2 wiring to minus 12VDC


I put pin# 3 wire to the CAN High wire (red wire) from the orion can cable I ran under the hood ....


I put pin # 5 wire to the CAN Low (black wire) from the orion can cable I ran under the hood ....


I put a 120 ohm resistor (included from Orion in the kit) between these two wires #3 and #5 as per the instructions that came with the Orion


I put pin# 9 wire which is the power wire to 12VDC plus .....  I put it to the 12V+ input of the avc2 since it was already there ..........


I also put the shield (uncovered wire) from the DB9 and connected it to the shield (uncovered wire of the can wire) I ran under the hood ....


Done ...........


I also wire tied the unit on top of my relays that run the charging of the orion ... seemed like a good place to put it .....