This is some different modules that a great guy named skip wanted to try in some trucks as usual it will be a learning project .. I always like a bit of a challenge so not knowing these lithium I will learn and test them out as I go ..

IF you have not done it the place to start of course is get that pack out gutted and cleaned up that's the first step to any good install the right tools and safety is number 1 to the right is the button to take you to the pack removal to start with ....

add some custom wood spacers to mount 3 more modules for higher voltage and more amps of storage

this is a nimh pack conversion so its a bit different then a lead acid conversion ... the fan is way too big a case for what we need so remove it and have the case custom downsized ..............................

Wiring schematic I use ......

add the front section wood to mount the orion and bcm and spoof board and relays ........................

db9 out of pack for programming the orion once programmed you don't need this unless you want to change settings otherwise tuck it back under truck until needed since I install wireless obd2 Bluetooth units on all mine now ..........

pure copper connectors and stainless bolts and nuts ....

clean it up and get it ready for new fan case

installing a j1772 update in the ranger ev I think important to use the new charging stations in case you are going farther then you are supposed to .....

adding the spoof board

wiring up the orion, relays etc....

added the new amp increase gauge repair board assy.

OK it is ready for some testing I have installed the pack in my truck ...  I have built 3 of the lead acid versions but the owner has taken them away to be used so this is mine and I can test it now without it disappearing before I get all the testing done ....

these are interesting this will be a 372V and approx. 88ah modules I have installed 24 modules they charge to a maximum of 3V per cell and discharge to a minimum of 1.5v   there is 8 cells of 11ah in parallel and 6 sets of those in each module so 48 cells in each module total

3V max times 6 sets = 18V max x 24 modules =432v   so I can not charge past 374v or the vehicle does not like it .....

so as recommended instead of charging to 3.0v I am charging to 374.4v    this will be 2.6V x6 sets = 15.6V per module x 24 modules =374.4   this should make the modules last a lot longer not being charged to max  testing to follow !!!

finished up the wiring and getting it ready to go in the truck

used copper connectors and sealed everything with high quality electrical tape ....

Very interesting modules don't know a lot about them but always into some testing of course stripped everything out of the pack to start fresh then set modules in the way I feel least cables and easiest replacement if needed of modules in the future great connectors so I am taking advantage of them and putting the connectors on the orion for quick connect and disconnects ....

Have to get creative to mount the BCM etc.

Wiring up modules to orion assy. connectors

add the wood and add 2 of the 3 more modules

seal the connectors with high quality electrical tape to keep out moisture etc ......

connecting a upper module with a lower module need good solid connections

and there it is 3 added modules and the contactor box added in ....

now that's better perfect fit and can move a massive amount air with this one

Altonanair modules ranger ev trucks

and here is the progression of j1772 install and how to use