wired the orion to the above schematic ........

below is the system and pack all finished and wired up

crimp the ends on with a special pin crimping tool

push the pins into the plastic connector

equalizing the pack ... I really like the way the orion system passively helps out the pack by getting the low ones and high ones to fit into the pack slowly and this allows you to use all of the available amps from the pack .........

High voltage connections require (10) 6" long pure copper buss bars .....

(2) 6" pure copper buss bars .........

(3) 9" pure copper buss bars ......

(2) cross over cables with 1 ott crimp on ends

(1) long cable with 1 ott crimp on ends

(1) short cable with 1 ott crimp on ends

(70) 1/4"x1/2" bolts and nylon locking nuts

(3) rolls of sealing tape

Ok  strip the ends of the orion wires back and cut them to length

ok time to start wiring in the main event the orion bms unit into place here is my schematic for wiring up the unit .... that is my next step ........  long day today so tomorrow will be the day I finish up all the wiring ........

added the Bluetooth and stereo system then

I then set in the contactor box assy. the last upper module ... the orion bms assy.  .... and the original BCM assy. ...

of course you are best to purchase the entire orion bms assy.    so you have the amp counter etc. always available to your programming ......

added the custom amp adding system for correcting the gauges on the dash

snap the connector into place do this 22 times and the orion voltage taps are all in place .....

I am starting a new install of the altonanair modules to test the voltage and amperage and miles per charge so I am starting with the specs and moving on from there .....

2.8V fully charged cells maximum charge to voltage

6 cells of 8 parallel 11ah cells in each module 48 cells total in each module

minimum voltage 1.5V

2.8V X 6 cells X 22 modules = 369.6V maximum

88AH modules

369V x 88 amps per module = approx. 32KW


added the orion amp counting system to the pack

1st thing first of course clean up case lay in modules hook the modules up with the copper connectors and seal them with tape .........   below is the layout I decided on to keep cables .... connectors ... and connections to a minimum and wires the shortest I can .....

Next is to put the connectors on the end of the orion wires ...   next pics will show that when I am done with that part .......

I made some wood pieces to mount everything on ....  (1) 8" x 24" x 1/2" thick for front for mounting the bcm orion on ......

(1) 1/4" x 2" x 15" for a couple of legs to set on for the above piece to set on ..

(2) 1/2" x 6" x 20" piece for last module and contactor box assy.


now 22 connectors and pins to install ........

I am adding the shims to raise the lid 1 inch ....

once that is done the only thing left is add some blocks to keep the modules in place ... close the lid and install in a truck for finish testing ....

add the BCM spoof board assy.

22 module altonanair titeanite install

Well that's it another pack put together and another ranger ev saved from the scrap yard .......


I have 2 more just like this to do this month so time to order more parts and continue with those 2 packs ...




Hope you enjoyed this one as it was quick and fairly easy to put together and these cells look really good they claim 25000 cycles to the cells but like anything when you look at cycle life it says N/A which means they really don't know yet ........